The Institute for Integrative Nutrition began its program in 1992, with an emphasis on holistic nutrition. While the instructional focus is primarily on nutrition, with added attention to the variety of diets available for individuals (such as macrobiotic, paleo, vegetarian, etc.), they also provide instruction on setting up your own coaching business while enrolled in their program.
This school is conducted in a strictly online format, which can provide needed flexibility for many professionals seeking a career change. There are currently more than 30,000 students enrolled world-wide.
Is the Institute for Integrative Nutrition right for you?
- Flexibility of online coursework
- Flexibility of readings/homework assignments and general pace of study
- Ability to adapt your own learning – The more time you put in self-study, the more you learn.
- Tuition accommodations (discount for payment in full, or higher tuition rate if paid monthly over a series of months)
- Support with your health coaching website
- Ability to begin coaching within 6 months of enrollment
- Online instruction may lack personalization
- No in-person contacts or assistance
- Large enrollment number may mean less support, but not necessarily
- Not an academia-driven program
- Focus on nutrition above all other coaching concepts
- Reputation, varies, but is generally respected